How To Keep The Rodents In Dallas, TX At Bay
January 15, 2023 - Rodents
Rodents have always relied on homeowners for food, shelter, and water. Unfortunately, having rodents in your Dallas home can lead to various problems.
The good news is that you can keep these rodents at bay with the help of the pest management technicians at Greenforest Termite & Pest Control. Other rodent control techniques, such as keeping your home clean, can also keep the pests away from your home. Understanding the common signs of rodent infestation and what attracts them to your home is the first step toward effective rodent control in Dallas.
Spotting One Rodent In Your House Usually Means Many More
Rodents are solitary and are typically inconspicuous. Because of their predators, they have honed their ability to be excellent hiders and navigate their way around undetected. Consequently, if you see a mouse, particularly during the day, there are likely many more in your attic, wall voids, pantry, and other areas you are not seeing. Since rodents are nocturnal creatures, spotting them during the day usually indicates that they are searching for a new home, as their nests are congested.
Spotting one rodent in your home is enough for you to take action by calling experts in rodent control in Dallas.
All The Damages That Rodents Can Cause To Your Home
A rodent infestation can result in several issues, including food contamination, property damage, and the spread of illness:
- Food contamination: Rodents contaminate food sources by spreading food surfaces and counters with their urine and feces.
- Property damage: Rodents never stop gnawing on things. They cause damage within your walls and will chew on electrical wiring, which can result in an undesired power flow to your outlets, damaging the area around the receptacle and resulting in electrical fires.
- Spreading illnesses: Rodent illnesses can be spread by direct and indirect contact. Direct contact includes breathing contaminated air, touching contaminated areas, and being bitten or scratched by an infected rodent. Indirect contact comes from ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, and mites that infected rodents have bitten. Some diseases spread by rodents include typhus, leptospirosis, hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, and Salmonella.
The best way to prevent property damage and keep your family and pets safe from fires and diseases is to get rid of rodents in your home.
Effectively Deterring Rodents Around Your Home
Rodents are one of the pests that are most challenging to keep out. You can take the following actions to make your home seem less inviting to them:
- Put your food in sealed containers and store them in the cabinets, fridge, or freezer.
- Keep garbage cans sealed with tight-fitting lids and regularly empty them.
- Use steel wool and other rodent-proof materials to patch openings and gaps in your home & foundation.
- Trim any plants and tree branches away from your property.
- Leave some distance between wood piles and your residence.
The best way to keep rodents away from your Dallas home is to make it less appealing to them.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Rodents Around Your House
The tips mentioned above can help prevent rodent infestations, but they might not always be enough. This is especially true if you have an active infestation. Due to the health risk and potential harm handling rodents can cause, trust your Dallas rodent control to the pest management professionals at Greenforest Termite & Pest Control.
Contact Greenforest Termite & Pest Control immediately for effective rodent control and more information on rodent control services if you see rodents in your Dallas home or on your Dallas property.